REVIEWS AFV Club

Heb je iets gebouwd en je wilt je ervaring(en) delen met anderen?

Plaats reactie
RonBollen
Site Admin

REVIEWS AFV Club

Bericht door RonBollen » 09-08-2010 21:33

AFV Club 1/35 sIG33 15cm Heavy Infantry Gun
Kit No. AF35148

The howitzer was formally adopted by the Army and named the sIg33. It was the largest weapon ever classified as an infantry gun by any nation, assigned to infantry battalions. Early production models were horse-drawn, with wooden wheels so that it can be moved with the infantry. Later production models had a pressed steel wheels, with solid rubber tires and air brakes for motor towing.

Afbeelding

The last AFV Club kit I built was a Skdf 251 at least three years ago and built up very nice but this kit on the other hand is something else. The amount of detail and crisp moldings in the box makes this one of the best models I've built in that last little while.

The kit is comprised of six sprue's molded in dark yellow. There is a metal barrel, small fret of etch, decals and the instruction pamphlet. First off there are a couple of choices to be made before the build. One is the early, mid or late type of wheels to be used. The second item to decide is whether you wish the model to be deployed or transport mode.

Afbeelding

The detail in this kit is excellent and moldings are clean with just the slightest of flash on a few of the smallest parts but nothing that would require any major clean-up. Some of the parts are very small and I found that one or two needed to be cut very carefully with a micro saw blade. Other than that, most of the model justs falls in place with a bit of patience when dealing with the small parts.

Afbeelding

Over all I give this kit high marks and truly recommend it to modellers that are interested in this subject.

Review by Scott Danis

Thanks to www.luckymodel.com
Draft beer, not people

Plaats reactie