REVIEWS Kagero - Albatros D.I - D. Va: Legendary Fighter

Heb je iets gebouwd en je wilt je ervaring(en) delen met anderen?

Plaats reactie
RonBollen
Site Admin

REVIEWS Kagero - Albatros D.I - D. Va: Legendary Fighter

Bericht door RonBollen » 13-08-2010 09:46

Albatros D.I - D. Va: Legendary Fighter
Legends of Aviation #5
Tomasz J. Kowalski

Kagero's Legends of Aviation series is a collection of books detailing the oldest aircraft of the 20th Century, their units and the pilots who flew and fought in them. Each volume contains archive photographs, scale drawings and colour profile artwork.

The Albatros D.I was a German fighter aircraft used during World War I. Although its operational career was short, it was the first of the Albatros D types which formed the bulk of the German and Austrian fighter squadrons for the last two years of the war.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Contents of the book:
Introduction
Graceful fighter
Naval Aviation
Better than the original
Albatros design
The Albatros in combat
In the Polish Air Force
The Albatros D.III (Oef) in the Polish Air Force
Colour and Markings
Polish Albatros Colours
Appendices
Bibliography

Information of the development and service history of one of Germany's most graceful fighter, the Albatros. The book is filled with over 100 black and white archival photographs and 9 colour plates of profiles for 13 different machines.
There are structural diagrams, data tables along with appendices, bibliography and end notes. The entire book has 80 pages, all in English.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Recommended for the modeller for all the images and the aircraft enthusiast for the information provided.

My thanks to Kagero for the review sample.
Draft beer, not people

RonBollen
Site Admin

Kagero Monographs 43 - Curtiss P-40 Vol. III

Bericht door RonBollen » 17-08-2010 20:52

Kagero Monographs 43 - Curtiss P-40 Vol. III
P-40 Warhawk / Kittyhawk II-IV
Author: Leszek A. Wieliczko
109 pages
Publisher: Kagero June 2010
Language English
ISBN-10: 8361220747
ISBN-13: 978-8361220749

Afbeelding

The Curtiss P-40
The P-40 fighter/bomber was the last of the famous "Hawk" line produced by Curtiss Aircraft in the 1930s and 1940s. It was the third-most numerous US fighter of World War II.

Contents:

First half of the book.
Development history
P-40 F Warhawk / Kittyhawk Mk. II
P-40 K Warhawk / Kittyhawk Mk. III
P-40 M Warhawk / Kittyhawk Mk. III
P-40 N Warhawk / Kittyhawk Mk. IV
XP-40Q prototype
P-40 R

Second half of the book.
From El Alamein to Tripoli
The second front
Spring in Tunisia
Palm Sunday Massacre
and The Soft Underbelly of Europe

Afbeelding

The first half of this publication contains the development history of the different variants of the P-40 Warhawk / Kittyhawk II-IV.

The second half tells the operational history of the P-40 while in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations, up to the point where the pilots eventually trade in their p-40's for the new P-47's while in Italy.

The book features line drawings for each production type in 1/48 & 1/72 scale. Kagero includes a series of drawings that point out the incremental differences between the different variants with the distinguishing factors illustrated with shading and described in accompanying text.

With 88 pages, plus 21 pages of scale drawings, colour plates, data tables as well more than 100 b/w photographs, makes this a great edition to the P-40 Monograph series that Kagero offers.

The book is in English with the scale drawings and colour plates in English/Polish.

This is an excellent modellers' reference source for the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk / Kittyhawk II-IV and whole heartily recommended.

A sincere thanks to Kagero for sending this review publication.
Kagero Website http://www.kagero.pl/

Review by
Scott Danis inscale.org[/url]
Draft beer, not people

RonBollen
Site Admin

Kagero The Battleship Bismarck

Bericht door RonBollen » 23-08-2010 19:37

Kagero
The Battleship Bismarck
Super Drawings in 3D
Waldemar Góralski, Grzegorz Nowak.
ISBN 978-83-61220-75-6.
98 pages. Scale drawings.

An excellent graphic examination of Germany's most famous battleship, Bismarck.
The first nine pages of the publication deal with the Design and Construction (general characteristics, armour, propulsion etc. ) and the Operation History of the ship.

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

The next section of this soft cover book contains various areas of the exterior of the ship with each 3D images captioned in English.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The book also contains a large pullout section with scale drawings of the Bismarck in 1/350 scale drawings. (Stern,bow, port, side board profile as well as overhead plan.)

Sometimes the 3D effect of books like these can be hit or miss but I think Kagero has done a fine job with this visual guide to the Bismarck. With that said, I feel this makes the book very recommendable, especially to the shipbuilders that like to super detail their builds.

Once again, thanks to Kagero for this review sample.
Kagero Website www.kagero.pl

Review by,
Scott Danis
Draft beer, not people

Plaats reactie